Who We Serve
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, the Children’s Center can commit to serving the mental health needs of the children and families of Clark County, Washington. It takes all of our available resources to
enable our professional staff to work with youth and provide issue-specific treatment intervention. These staff members offer children and their families hope for the future.
Our clients walk into our clinic with any number of issues related to the following:
- Domestic violence
- Physical or sexual abuse
- School-related behavioral problems
- Post-Adoption Resource Center
- Chronic mental disorders (i.e. bipolar disorder, schizophrenia)
We offer an extensive outreach program through the Evergreen and Vancouver School Districts by providing on-site services to students and their parents.
It is often difficult to comprehend the scope of mental health issues within the community. However, the following illustrates the tremendous need for our services:
- The Children’s Center served close to 1500 children and families between July 2010 and June 2011.
- 95% of families served live in poverty.
- 10% of the children served were treated for issues related to sexual abuse.
- 22% of the children served were victims of crime, including physical abuse and/or domestic violence.