Child and Family Therapist
MSW or MA with minimum 2 years experience working with SED children/adolescents and their family members in a mental health setting. Requires strong diagnostic/documentation skills and ability to work in fast-paced outpatient clinic. Position is both clinic and school-based. This is a full-time position. Counselor registration through the Dept. of Health in State of WA required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including staff, consultants, supervisors and management.
- Ability to engage families in the therapeutic process.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to organize and manage a client caseload.
- Ability to complete required paperwork demands within timeframes established by the agency.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse cultures.
- Openness to feedback and supervision.
Sample Benefits for Full Time
Medical and Dental
Full medical and dental insurance for employees.
Paid Time Off
- Three weeks vacation for first two years of employment; four weeks vacation thereafter.
- Five hours personal leave per month.
- Generous holiday benefit
Retirement Plans and Insurance
- Retirement plan including voluntary 401(K) and employer contribution.
- Short-term disability insurance
- Professional development dollars and leave
- Supervision for licensure
- Supportive, collaborative team environment
- On-site parking & easily accessible by public transit
- Newly-constructed facility with beautiful therapy garden
Working at Children’s Center
At Children’s Center you’ll be part of a supportive, collaborative team whose work changes and saves lives in our community. Employees report they most appreciate the high quality supervision, rewarding work, and respectful work life balance.
Born from a grassroots initiative led by a group of concerned citizens, the passion and dedication of the Children’s Centers team, leadership, and active Board of Directiors is unmatched — making it an exciting place to begin or advance your career.