Children’s Center partners with local counseling and social work programs, including Portland State University, Lewis & Clark College and George Fox, to provide internship opportunities for master’s level social work, marriage and family therapy and professional counseling students.
At Children’s Center, interns clinical documentation, including intake assessment, treatment planning and discharge, while working with a small caseload of their own, under the supervision of a licensed clinical supervisor.
At the conclusion of an internship with Children’s Center, students can expect to feel comfortable navigating the DSM 5, utilizing an electronic health record, coordinating with community partners on behalf of clients and working with a broad age range of children, adolescents and adults. Interns will gain familiarity with clinical interventions in diagnoses such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, trauma and behavioral issues.
- Start date flexible depending on needs of specific graduate program
- Flexible schedule: 15-22 hours per week; typically over 2-3 days, with one day until 7pm
- Requires a family therapy course and enrollment in DSM 5 course prior to internship or concurrent with internship
- Weekly individual supervision and monthly group supervision
- Observation opportunities with our staff of clinical supervisors, trained therapists, consulting prescribers and psychologist
- Supportive, collaborative team environment
- On-site parking & easily accessible by public transit
- Newly-constructed facility with beautiful therapy garden
Working at Children’s Center
At Children’s Center you’ll be part of a supportive, collaborative team whose work changes and saves lives in our community. Employees report they most appreciate the high quality supervision, rewarding work, and respectful work life balance.
Born from a grassroots initiative led by a group of concerned citizens, the passion and dedication of the Children’s Centers team, leadership, and active Board of Directiors is unmatched — making it an exciting place to begin or advance your career.