The world collectively marveled as athletes participating in the recent winter Olympics in Pyeongchang tested the limits of human ability. Every day at Children’s Center we marvel at the power of human ability in other ways. We’re inspired by our dedicated therapists who give so much to their work; by our patients and their families who are living proof that the human spirit can overcome daunting challenges when hope and support are given. And by you — our donors, volunteers, and supporters — who consistently impress us with your generosity and creativity. This month, we invite you to brainstorm how you might be able to use your skills and talents to help vulnerable children in Clark County. If you have an idea, let us know!
In our Spring issue of The Chronicle, we…
• Explored the Maxine McClaskey Therapy Garden as a tool for treatment and learned about the connection between nature and mental health
• Met youth from the area who found creative ways to make a difference by raising money to brighten the holidays for many Children’s Center clients and their families
• Interviewed Cinda Connelly in our “Champions in the Spotlight” section, which recognizes the many dedicated volunteers and donors who grace us with their time and talents. Cinda shared how supporting Children’s Center enriches her life and we’d love to hear your story too! Please contact Matthew Butte at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to help inspire others
• Heard stories of thanks from families whose lives were touched when they received donations from the toy drive
• PLUS shared fun photos of YOU in action: dropping off donations, crafting “Heavy Helpers”, bagging and sorting food, and more. (Of course the best way to see all the latest photos from around Children’s Center is to “Like” our Facebook page!)
You can download a PDF of the Spring issue of The Chronicle here.
Want to receive a printed copy of our newsletter? Or, already subscribe but need to update your mailing address?
Send your name and address to Matthew Butte at email@example.com.