COPING IN THE FACE OF NEW CHALLENGES
As I try to pick the right words to make sense of this time none seem adequate. It seems we are all facing unprecedented challenges. For an organization built on face-to-face interaction the directive to practice social distancing is particularly challenging. However, for the health and safety of our staff and clients we swiftly transitioned to a telehealth model, beginning March 18th (more on that on page 2). I know many of you are wrestling with challenges that come with this new reality — so I am even more grateful to those that have made donations and have contacted us to ask how you can help Children’s Center at this time. Kids and families need support now more than ever. All us at Children’s Center thank you for your continued support, we wish you good health, and we look forward to seeing you in person when this crisis ends — and it will end!
Matthew Butte, Executive Director
In our Spring 2020 issue of The Chronicle we…
• Address the steps Children’s Center has taken since March 18,’20 in Response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Learn how to Support Kids during the Coronavirus Crisis with tips for nurturing and protecting children at home from a quest blog courtesy of Child Mind Institute.
• Interviewed LaVonne Crimm, in our Champion in the Spotlight section which recognizes the many dedicated volunteers and donors who grace us with their time and talents. LaVonne shared how supporting Children’s Center enriches her life and we’d love to hear your story too! Please contact Jennie Hoheisel at email@example.com if you’d like to help inspire others.
• Shared fun photos of you in action! Pictures are of our Champions of Hope dropping off donations, bagging and sorting food, creating Heavy Helpers and more. The best way to stay updated with all the latest photos around Children’s Center is to follow us on Facebook and now on Instagram!
• Highlighted 3 ways to Help Kids in Need Right Now
• PLUS provided a soothing stay at home approved coloring activity!
You can download a PDF of the spring issue of The Chronicle here.
Want to receive a printed copy of our newsletter? Or, already subscribe but need to update your mailing address? Send your name and address to Jennie Hoheisel at firstname.lastname@example.org.